AUTOMATIC CAPACITOR BANKS
Automatic Capacitor Banks
NUCO offers a broad line of automatic capacitor bank systems utilizing one of the most advanced touch screen microprocessor-based controllers available. We provide solutions for low-voltage and medium-voltage applications.
NUCO’s standard automatic capacitor banks are available in the following configurations:
- 240-600VAC, 3PH
- NEMA 1, 12, or 3R
- MLO (Main Lug Only) or Circuit Breaker for Incoming Connections
Our automatic banks are manufactured using the latest technology for all major components including the power factor controller, contactors, and capacitors. NUCO’s capacitor bank systems are engineered and optimized from the ground up to deliver a range of performance benefits, including:
- Mitigation of harmonic power distortion.
- Reduce power consumption and cost of poor quality.
- Automatic and fixed capacitor and harmonic solutions.
Automatic Capacitor Bank Systems
Touch Screen Power Factor Controller
NUCO utilizes an innovative touch screen power factor controller that features a full graphical display. It provides the following information:
- Inductive/Capacitive power factor
- Active outputs
- Demand for switching capacitor steps on/off
- Alarm conditions
- Over-temperature condition
- Phase shift
- Number of outputs
- Type of switching sequence
- KVA, KW, KVAR
- Voltage, Current
- Harmonic voltage and current distortion levels
- Bar graph of current and voltage individual harmonics up to the 49th harmonic
- Programmable protection thresholds for under-voltage, over-temperature, and excessive harmonic distortion
- Intuitive, easy-to-use guided navigation and programming
- Multi-language support
- Built-in software help guide
- Input for both daytime and nighttime power factor correction targets
- External alarm input
- Output contacts for alarm and fan relays
- Backlit display
- Optional RS-485 Modbus adapter
- Real-time clock to provide time and date stamps for alarms and events
Capacitor elements utilized by NUCO in automatic capacitor systems incorporate unique and exclusive triple safety features, including segmented capacitor film with traditional self-healing features.
The capacitor elements also incorporate true three-phase over-pressure disconnect to safely isolate the capacitor at the end of its lifetime, or when the capacitor experiences severe overload. Most competing capacitor products only provide two-phase disconnection. NUCO’s automatic capacitor systems are the safer, more reliable solution.
Capacitor elements are compliant with the following standards:
- UL 810
- CSA C22.2 No. 190
- IEC 60831
Click here to see all the benefits of the capacitor elements used by NUCO Controls.
NUCO provides contactors who are specifically designed for capacitive switching applications. When specified, custom contactors include a damping resistor to minimize the effects of peak capacitive switching currents and to maximize the life of your equipment.
Advantages of NUCO’s contactor solutions include:
- Significant damping of in-rush current.
- Improvement of the voltage quality during the switching process.
- Increased contactor service life.
- Extremely high operational reliability of the automatic capacitor bank system.
- Extended maintenance intervals.
All of NUCO’s automatic capacitor banks rated larger than 75 KVAR at 480V include a built-in forced air ventilation system with automatic thermostat control to minimize heat buildup.